Wednesday, October 12, 2005

ADS NAS Drive Kit

Tonight, while browsing for technology news, I came across a NAS Drive Kit. A NAS (Network Attached Storage) device was something that previously only used by large organizations, due to the cost of the device. The ADS NAS Drive Kit is a low-cost way of getting NAS into your home or small office for a little over $100. I purchased mine online for $139 (shipping and tax included).

The ADS NAS Drive Kit lets me to add a hard drive of any size. After I install my hard drive, all I have to do is to connect to my network (Ethernet) and I instantly have a NAS device. I will use this to back up my work files--but a lot of people use it to share music, photos, and other data. The great thing about this is that it will always be on, configured with an IP address, and will operate like any other device.

Here are the specifications:
  • Interface: RJ45 - Wired Ethernet 10/100 (This is slow, but good for backup)
  • Buttons: Power button, Reset button
  • Indicators: Power/Status LED, LAN: Act/Link LED, HDD: data transfer
  • Kit Dimensions: 5.24”(H) x 8.75”(L) x 2.375”(D)
Look for upcoming posts on how easy it is to assemble, configure, and operate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home