Saturday, October 08, 2005

Windows Mobile 5.0 for Samsung i730?

As I mentioned in a previous post, I bought a Samsung i730. It is a great phone and it has enabled me to get down to one device. As with any new piece of technological wonderfulness, the day you buy it it is outdated. New inventions and advances in technology drive the desire for upgrades. Well, this device is no different. Soon after my purchase, Microsoft released Windows Mobile 5.0. Wish I could just go out and purchase the operating system, but unfortunately, it is not that easy. The manufacturer of the hardware needs to release an "image" made specifically for the device.

Earlier today, I read on Engadget that there will be an upgrade available next year for the i730. Great news. I am looking forward to getting the latest and greatest operating system for my phone. Click here for the full story.

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger Tor Stenstad said...

Thanks for the comment. I find Windows Mobile very usable. I've used Treo's Palm OS, Blackberry, and Pocket PC. I think Windows Mobile is the best OS by far among these. During the recent MS Executive Briefing, I had a chance to meet with a manager of the Mobile division (also a friend) and he got me very excited about upcoming features and functions. I think the decision by Treo to switch to Windows Mobile was the right one and it will pay off handsomely in the future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home