Sunday, October 02, 2005

My favorite watch -- Rolex GMT Master II

If you read my blog, you know I like watches. I have watched (pun intended) the evolution of fine timepieces for years, and the Rolex GMT Master II is my favorite. My passion (read: addiction) to watches is something my wife and my kids simply do not understand.

Today in church my youngest son told me that I had "excessively many watches," something the rest of the family no doubt agrees with. In spite of this, my wife purchased a Rolex GMT Master II for me as an anniversary gift–a sign of her growing respect for my passion and her love for me (not necessarily in that order).

Thank you so much, Jayne!

The GMT is part of Rolex’s professional collection. The GMT-Master II (Oyster Professional GMT-Master II) dial has a 24-hour hand and an indepenent adjustable 12 hour hand in any two different time zones. It is self-winding and waterproof to 100 meters (330 feet).

Working with Osterman's Jewelers in the Mall of America it became quickly clear to me that they had no idea of how to operate and set the watch. At one time, the woman in the store told me that the watch had a compass. (I'm pretty sure Rolex does not know about this new feature!) The owners’ manual is somewhat unclear about how to set the watch and I had to head to the internet to get the full details. Now the watch is set and I intend to be on time for all my future meetings (at least I will try).

I promise I won't purchase another watch until Oracle buys another company.

1 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger Mcdugz said...

I too am a watch collector NUT case

 

Post a Comment

<< Home