Saturday, September 24, 2005

Searching for news -- High hits on Google

I love spending time in bookstores and today I dropped into Borders to browse. Looking through a copy of PC Magazine, I came across a list of the top search engines and, as expected, Google was number one. Here is PC Magazine's list of the top search engines:
  1. Google -- 59.99%
  2. Search.yahoo.com -- 28.32%
  3. Seach.msn.com -- 5.47%
  4. Ask.com -- 3.3%
  5. SEACH.AOL.COM -- .92%
  6. ALTAVISTA -- .85%
  7. SEACH.LYCOS.COM. -- .38%
  8. WWW.ALLTHEWEB.COM -- .29%
  9. WWW.MAMMA.COM -- .18%
  10. SEARCH.NETSCAPE.COM -- .11

The list did not surprise me at all...other than the huge gap between Google and the rest. Google definitely has captured the market, and in upcoming blogs I will offer some of my views about the future of Google.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home