Friday, September 23, 2005

From Norway with love -- Podcast-Legal Music

If you woke up last night in a cold sweat from guilt screaming, “Sony, I am soooooo sorry you are not getting more money because of my illegal mp3 music,” I am here to tell you there is hope for you.

The news is coming tonight from the deep valleys of Norway. Uhort.no, a music site, has added an index of podcast-legal music.

"The list of podsafe music is very recent," notes webmaster Øystein Holmen, "but we expect it to grow." The site is in Norwegian only with very limited selection, but with categories like Funk, Pop and Death Metal, it's easy enough for non-Norwegians to browse.

I think the concept is great and sites and offerings like this will no doubt be growing in the future. To attract serious traffic it needs to be offered in other languages and with a deeper selection of tunes. I will be check back on Uhort.no in the future, but for now I will stick with my own music collection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home